Wiki’s Leaks (Summary Box)
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has repeatedly asked the US to ‘cut of the head of the snake [Iran]’.
- Vladimir Putin is an ‘alpha-dog’; Afghan President Hamid Karzai is ‘driven by paranoia’; German Chancellor Angela Merkel ‘avoids risk and is rarely creative’.
- US diplomats label Qatar worst country in the region for counterterrorism efforts.
- Hezbollah continues to enjoy the weapons patronage of Syria.
- The right business deals might get China to acquiesce to a reunified Korea.
- Gaddafi ‘cannot travel without his senior Ukrainian nurse, Galyna Kolotnytska’.
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is ‘feckless, vain and ineffective as a modern European leader’.
- Afghanistan’s former vice president, Ahmad Zia Massoud, ‘arrived in the United Arab Emirates in 2009 with $52 million in cold, hard, cash’.
- Prime Minister Massimov of Kazakhstan danced ‘animatedly’ on stage in full view of patrons at the Chocolat nightclub in Astana. After his retinue tired, Massimov danced solo for about 20 minutes.
- North Korean strongman Kim Jong-Il is a ‘flabby old chap’ who suffered ‘physical and psychological trauma’ following his stroke.